‘How barcoding eliminates errors
Errors are generally equated to service or product quality and can greatly impact brand value. Automations to a large extent have helped in curbing manual errors in many aspects of workflow, but data input of appropriate identifiers and tagging also are a key to group/save any kind of information accurately.
- Healthcare is a business which attends to millions of patient/client needs in a day using a work force of few hundredthousand.
- Data management is crucial in such states to prevent patient data mix-up, wrong diagnosis and well as inappropriate treatment.
- How many times have we doubted the accuracy of the diagnostic report we receive ?
- I am sure majority reading this now will reflect back on that one fleeting memory of doubt. When the reports show something utterly serious not associated with any symptoms experienced or otherwise many suspect goof up and a few also go back challenging the reports.
- Sample/client misidentification apart from psychological stress also has financial ramifications.
- The one means which has greatly minimized errors in business operations is “Barcoding” . For the client, it can definitely provide a breath of relief.
- Barcodes facilitate as unique identifier source imbibing all patient/client details which can be easily checked and retrieved at any stage by a single scanner.
- Helps in error-free sample collection process
- Reduced labeling error on specimen collected
- Less manual intervention pertaining to physical entry of patient details
- Increases patient safety and compliance
- Barcoded wrist bands among patients in hospitals is used for tracking ongoing treatment and outcome effectively
- Cheaper than RFID (radio-frequency identification) and hence does not impact service cost
- Streamlines lab processes
- Increases productivity and promises a safe environment
- Ensures privacy of patient details
In this smartphone era wherein your android device can be equipped with a barcode scanner and an appropriate support application, it gives the end user confidence and positively impacts every work flow. Barcodes close the loop in patient safety!
“Barcodes in blood tests breathe confidence in the process… It adds power, confidence and accuracy in data handling”